Saturday, June 2, 2012

International Student Ambassador


As I mentioned in my last post, I have a summer job:
I am an International Student Ambassador for my Community College.
Together with other International students (from Hong Kong, Korea, and Africa), I had to talk to a group of kids about my National flag and its meaning.
(I even learned something new while researching!)
They were part of a summer camp program, and one of their activities included learning about different countries.

We met them at a park, where we presented our flag and additional facts about our home countries.
I really enjoy these kind of activities.
It's so much fun to talk about experiences as an International student, tell people about Germany and also to learn about other cultures.

The funniest moment for me was when our International coordinator asked the kids if they knew what language people in Germany speak.
"American!" is what they yelled for the answer...
I was asked how Germans drive and what food they eat.Sometimes, I find it quite amusing how others perceive Germany, and what assumptions are made about different countries.

Needless to say, I had a blast!

Greetings from the Midwest,
Lotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Midwest-Fashion-Nurse

More Midwest:

OASAP - The
Latest Street FashionRomwe - The Latest Street Fashion