Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Reader


Before going to the gym this afternoon, I stopped by the local Goodwill store to look for something to read while biking. I was about to leave with a book about medicine and self-care at home (my nursing student brain has not quite realized that it may take a little summer vacation away from medical terminology and drug labels).
But when I saw "The Reader" by Bernhard Schlink sitting on the shelf, I put the medical book back!
I have seen the movie based on the novel, and have always wanted to read the book. It is a weird, yet nice feeling of freedom that, for once, I can choose what I would like to read. For the next 3 weeks, I will try not to even look at any of my school books.
Anyways, I started reading my new book (translated from German to English) and it made me smile right away when I discovered German street names on the very first page! I do like me some unexpected German every now and then!
And then I came to think of something regarding this blog: My native language is German - I should also write in German!
And now, back to my book!

Vor dem Fitnessstudio bin ich noch kurz zu Goodwill gefahren um nach etwas Lesbarem zu gucken. Fast hätte ich ein Buch über Gesundheit und Alltagsmedizin gekauft (scheinbar hat mein Gehirn noch nicht ganz realisiert dass jetzt Sommerferien sind!). 
Dann sah ich jedoch "Der Vorleser" im Regal stehen (Englische Version), und hab mich dann dafür entschieden!
Den Film zum Buch hab ich schon gesehen, jetzt will ich das ganze mal lesen.
Bereits auf der ersten Seite fand ich dann gleich Deutsche Strassennamen (z.B. "Blumenstrasse")! Sehr geil, ich freu mich immer über ein bisschen Deutsch hier und da!
Sonst hab ich immer nur auf Deutsch gebloggt.
Versuchen wir es mal mit Deutsch und English...und wahrscheinlich auch Denglisch :)


Greetings from the Midwest where you can find more than just Nursing books!


Midwest-Lotte


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Midwest-Fashion-Nurse

More Midwest:

OASAP - The
Latest Street FashionRomwe - The Latest Street Fashion