Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Accessories of a Nursing Student


Summer break= a break from this lovely stack of books!
Just this Monday I finished my very first year of nursing school! I can't even express how relieved I am, now that the stress is over. It feels as if the heaviest weight of 9 books is lifted off my shoulders...literally. Those books weigh quite a bit!

Normal people walk their dog, nursing students walk their books. I carry at least one of them with me, no matter where I go (gym, coffee shop), so that I can take a quick glance at medical information, in case my brain is craving for more knowledge ;)
It's almost comparable to wearing glasses: If I'm not wearing them, I can't see right, something looks wrong, FEELS wrong. Not that I ever wanted to get so attached to my school books, but I have. 
If you will, consider them as a part of my attire - an accessory to complete my look! Just look at all the different colors, as if they knew I wanted to incorporate nursing books into my outfits :D

About a year ago, a complete stranger to the Nursing world, this stack of books scared me. Do we have to know EVERYTHING? No. That is impossible. 
Over the past few months, though, I got used to spending most of my time leaning over some kind of medical book. I see the necessity of being studious now more than I ever have, simply because I know that everything I learn, will benefit me in my future career.
(Oh boy, did I slack in High School!)

Now I sit here without a book, and it does feel weird. Kinda naked. 
But instead of carrying heavy books, I can now wear heavy necklaces and heavy bags. 
Bring on the bling!

Erst diesen Montag habe ich mein erstes Ausbildungsjahr beendet! Ich bin so froh, dass der Stress jetzt erstmal vorbei ist. Es fühlt sich an als wurde mir die Last von 9 Büchern von den Schultern genommen!

Normale Leute gehen mit ihren Hunden spazieren, Krankenschwester-Studenten (wie das auf Deutsch klingt!) tragen dicke Bücher durch die Gegend. Ich versuche immer mindestens eins der Bücher bei mir zu haben (im Fitnessstudio, im Café, etc.).
Man könnte die Bücher mit einer Brille vergleichen. Hat man sie nicht dabei, kann man nicht richtig gucken, ich sehe anders aus und fühl mich auch merkwürdig. Ich wollte nie so auf Schulbücher angewiesen sein, aber nun ist es so.
Schulbücher als Teil meines Outfits? Bei den verschiedenen Farben kein Problem!

Vor ungefähr einem Jahr, als mir die Medizin Welt noch völlig fremd war, hat mir dieser Haufen Bücher wirklich Angst eingejagt. Muss ich das ALLES wissen? Nein. Unmöglich! (und das alles noch auf Englisch!!!!)
Aber in den letzten Monaten habe ich mich daran gewöhnt täglich zu lesen, und weiss auch dass es für meine Karriere wichtig ist. (Im Gymnasium hab ich kaum einen Finger krumm gemacht!)

Jetzt sitze ich hier - ohne Buch. Es fühlt sich schon irgendwie komisch an, man kommt sich sogar ein wenig nackt vor ;) Aber statt der Bücher trage ich jetzt wieder mehr schwere Ketten und Taschen!
Die Sommerferien ohne Bücher werde ich ausnutzen.


Greetings from the literate Midwest!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Midwest-Fashion-Nurse

More Midwest:

OASAP - The
Latest Street FashionRomwe - The Latest Street Fashion