Friday, May 11, 2012

Thrift Store Finds

music, travel guide, necklace
Here you can see what I found at the resale store yesterday:
First of all, I had no idea that they sell sheet music. I was so thrilled to find this piano music by Meat Loaf.
(I absolutely love Meat Loaf's songs!)

I don't recall if this series of books "... for Dummies" exists in Germany, but here in the US there is one for almost everything (Dating, Raising Chickens, etc.). You would think "Germany for Dummies" would not be something I'd have to read, but I'm sure there's still a lot about my home country that I did not know. Being an International student, I am confronted with many questions about Germany, to which I don't always know the best answer. Next time someone asks me a question, I can just get out my Germany-travel guide! :)

The "worm" you can see on the very right is supposed to be a necklace (I think...). Doesn't it look freaky? It bends in all kinds of shapes. Super cool! I have never seen a worm-necklace before!


Hier könnt ihr sehen was ich gestern im 2nd Hand Shop gefunden habe:
Musik Noten! Ich hatte keine Ahnung, dass dort überhaupt welche verkauft werden und hab mich echt gefreut. Meat Loaf ist einer meiner absoluten Lieblings Musiker!

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob es diese "für Dummies" Bücher Serie in Deutschland gibt, aber in den USA existieren unendlich viele verschiedene Varianten (Dating, Hühner, etc.)
Man könnte meinen, ich brauche über Deutschland nix mehr lesen, aber es gibt echt noch so Einiges das ich über mein Heimatland noch nicht weiss. Als ausländische Schülerin werde ich oft über Deutschland ausgefragt und manchmal weiss ich selbst nicht, was ich antworten soll.
Aber für die nächsten Fragen werde ich dann hoffentlich vorbereitet sein! :)

Der "Wurm" ganz rechts ist eine Kette (glaube ich zumindest...). Sieht die nicht schräg aus?
Man kann sie in alle Richtungen biegen. Sehr geil! Hab so etwas vorher noch nicht gesehen.



Happy Friday &
Greetings from the Midwest!






2 comments:

  1. Die "Dummies"-Serie gibt es auch in Deutsch. Also hier in der Schweiz findet man sie in jeder etwas vielfältigeren Bücherei. Allerdings eher in der Spass-Abteilung soweit ich mich erinnern kann... ;-)

    Mary Jane
    http://ahintofredness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hier stehen die neben ganz normalen Büchern im Regal.
      :)

      Delete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Midwest-Fashion-Nurse

More Midwest:

OASAP - The
Latest Street FashionRomwe - The Latest Street Fashion